1. Reduce costs and capital investments. Lower operational costs, reduce inventory, and reduce cycle times by partnering with a trusted 3PL company. Besides primarily storing products in a warehouse, select a company that also offers added solutions including: preparing items for consolidation, as well as assembling, packing, labeling and shipping finished goods directly to your customers.
2. Flexibility with industry expertise. Whether your business cycle is seasonal or ongoing, partnering with an experienced third-party can help you optimize your overall supply and demand requirements. Key advantages of partnering with a 3PL company include flexible lease terms, industry best practices, and added solutions specific to your business goals.
3. Scalability for your rapidly changing business. Growing and shrinking business cycles can be unpredictable and costly. You will need a company who has a proven track record in making strategic adjustments and optimizing performance with both large and small clients. Identify a company that can efficiently scale their operations to evolve with your fluctuating needs.
4. Geography and proximity to your customers. Location, location, location! Eliminate shipping items from multiple facilities, and select a centrally located warehouse that can also provide customized solutions for both inbound and outbound operations. Selecting a warehouse with convenient access to ports is a key benefit for receiving, storing, and distributing goods to your customers.
5. Lean process and continuous improvement. When you outsource warehousing & distribution to an experienced 3PL, you can spend more time focusing on important business initiatives that give you a competitive advantage in the market. Partner with a proven company whose people, systems, and processes are a good fit for your business model.