Pool distribution is the distribution of orders to numerous destination points within a particular geographic region. Characteristics include a high frequency of regular shipments in LTL quantities.
- Reduced Cost: Combine multiple orders with a single truckload quote and reduce overhead expenses of a distribution center leveraging fully equipped cross-dock facilities.
- Inventory: Retailers can better optimize their inventory with increased visibility and understanding of replenishment lead times as they know how quickly goods are moving through the network.
- Flexibility: Pool multiple freight shipments from multiple shippers onto a single freight truck, saving time and money.
- Reduced Transit Times: By moving multiple LTL shipments into a pool distribution model, a customer can reduce its transit time by 50%, improving speed-to-shelf rates.
- Sustainability: Go "green"! When pooling shipments, you are reducing carbon footprints resulting in fewer trucks on the road and less fuel being consumed.